Friday, June 22, 2007

Done

George here

I want to tell you how much I apprecitated all your comments and well wishes. I of course did not have the time to post or read the blog. I was too busy riding or trying to sleep. Doing a two person relay is a very demanding way to compete in RAAM. I didn't know what to expect but I know now that I think it would be easier to do Solo RAAM. I will have a full race report to post here and on my website www.epictrain.com or blog. But for now I will be attending the banquet tonight with my head held high because tonight I am an Official Finisher of RAAM "the world's toughest endurance bicycle race"

official time 9 days 18 hours and 55 minutes.

BTW they posted this article on us.

http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/team-beat-cancer-www-coastalsportsmedicine-com

12 comments:

PW said...

Never doubted. You did it....I'm applauding. Big Grin. Catch your breath and enjoy

Patty W

Unknown said...

YES !! i knew you could do it. you are an inspiration. i will be thinking of you while i power through IMCDA on Sunday.

Fletch Newland said...

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations George. What an enormous accomplishment. You put the time in, came repared and got it done. Though I believed you could do it, I am awed. Well done. ENjoy the party!

NicksMom said...

Enjoy the banquet! Dont forget to post the rest of the pictures!

Emily said...

Yay! Congratulations! We knew you could do it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well George I just want to say Congrats..... You worked hard to acheive a ling time goal and made it happen..

Bryan Cimicata

Unknown said...

WELL DONE

Bobby Buffet

Charles V. said...

I hope you express appreciation to Rick for supporting you on the first four days especially. Certainly writing publicly that it will be easier to do solo RAAM appears that you consider him a hindrance.

Charles V. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blue_nose said...

Congrats. Travel safe back to SD.

Scrooge said...

It would have been easier to do solo RAAM? I pulled constantly for George while he couldn't sleep the first four days. This is a slap in the face. Please check the web site in the next day or two for the uncensored "Crews Views" I will be posting. The crew has not had a voice here and I have not been represented much at all because the Crew Chief was always with George and noone else had access to the blog. www.360cycling.com, check in the next 36 hours.

Charles V. said...

I am a Team Beat Cancer financial sponsor and provider of one of the three vehicles for the team. Several of the 12 person support crew have already spoken to me. I am proud that they gave up more than a week of their lives to stay in a rolling RV, sustain sleep deprivation and do timed & physical work all as volunteers. I'm also impressed that every one, except the crew chief, then returned the vehicles together to California. I look forward to seeing their voices included in this team blog. I would appreciate seeing acknowledgment of their commitment to this challenge. It appears to be missing.