Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Good morning Ohio!

After a little bit of sleepytime, we're back on the road. Rick had a 63 mile pull and upon his return, he asked if we were in Iowa...close, it's another four letter state...Ohio! He was happy to see the food that Bike Forums member John (R900) had brought to us. Who knew that chicken casserole would taste so good at 5:00 a.m.?

George is riding right now, climbing, climbing, climbing a slight grade. We just passed the shuttle vehicle on the side of the road and they were sleeping, so George pulled off, I jumped out and we sent the follow vehicle back to wake them up, with the instruction to use the usually dreaded "siren" mode on the mega-phone. Wish I could have seen that reaction!

Thanks to R900 (John) for the yummy food that he delivered to the time station in Cambridge City. We've been blessed with the kindness of friends, old and new, across the country.

6 comments:

Fletch Newland said...

Howdy George!! I finally took a minute to sign up to the account so I could leave you a post. I've been following your progress all along and must say that the word 'epic' is typicall greatly over used - but not here. You and Rick are incredible. Congrats for keeping it together through so much, and sooooo many miles! I'm at IMCDA now where I expect to see Sonja soon. I'll be cheering her loudly on Sunday.

Hang in there man. This is an incredible thing you're doing. I am inspired.
Fletch

Anonymous said...

Great job guys less than 600 miles to go....... George, Rick and crew you are awesome......and are about to acomplish an amazing journey.....way to go!!!!!!

Bryan

get after it George!!!!

Unknown said...

There is a newspaper article from Hanover PA (#53) about RAAM

(http://www.eveningsun.com/localsports/ci_6176893)

Here it states that the time check may be impacted by local construction. I hope it's done by the time you guys get there.

Best wishes on your journey,
Jim

PJ said...

Way to go guys you're getting it done! Keep pushing through it.

I'm in awe of you're courage and determination!

Patrick

Maddmike said...

Way to go guys!

Under 600 miles to go...

Keep up the awesome work...

Hang in there to the crew too

Unknown said...

Rats! I missed ya! I was going to be in Indy hollering and you got through already! I got tied up and couldn't follow the blog!